Birmingham News and Events
Planning your Birmingham trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Birmingham such as events and attractions, to make your Birmingham visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Birmingham, you’ll find everything you need for your Birmingham holiday on Whats On in Birmingham.net. Our What’s On Birmingham guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Birmingham – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Birmingham by checking out our News and Events Calendar page.
See what's On in Birmingham. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in Birmingham Local News
Rishi Sunak will give a speech at the CBI conference on Monday.Express & Star…
A chop shop has broken up and six men arrested after a police raid found multiple stolen and broken carsExpress & Star…
Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union on Avanti West Coast walked out for 24 hours in a row over rosters.Express & Star…
Almost 30,000 people are now involved in the construction of HS2, it was revealed today.Express & Star…
July has been the most violent month in Birmingham so far this year it has been revealed. Express & Star…
Drinkers will be in heaven next weekend when the Beer Central Festival returns to Digbeth for its third year. Express & Star…
A police appeal has gone out as part of a national hunt for a murder suspect.Express & Star…
1 2 3 … 14 Next »
- From Pop Idol to Panto Villainby Lisa Piddington on 25th November 2022 at 9:50 am
The post From Pop Idol to Panto Villain appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- World Class Shows Live in Birminghamby Andrew Riley on 24th November 2022 at 1:14 pm
From the finest UK comedy acts to award-winning musicals, Birmingham Hippodrome packs its winter programme with endless entertainment. Here’s STYLE’s pick of the must-watch productions. — THE BEST MUSICALS …... The post World Class Shows Live in Birmingham appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- Our Favourite Beauty Calendarsby Lisa Piddington on 23rd November 2022 at 4:03 pm
The countdown to Christmas is on! Forget the chocolates, we love our advent calendars filled with the latest beauty must-haves and skincare heroes to ensure complexion perfection long after the... The post Our Favourite Beauty Calendars appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- A Night of Festive Beauty at Harvey Nicholsby Andrew Riley on 23rd November 2022 at 3:49 pm
The post A Night of Festive Beauty at Harvey Nichols appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- WIN: Tickets to The Nutcracker!by Andrew Riley on 22nd November 2022 at 12:34 pm
The post WIN: Tickets to The Nutcracker! appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- 25 Mouth-Watering Sunday Roasts You Need To Devour In Birminghamby admin on 29th October 2022 at 9:35 am
It’s one of the most British things to exist, along with Fish and Chips, apologising for everything, queuing, and talking about the weather. We’re talking about the Sunday Roast. Whether it’s gathered around the family table each week, or cosied up in a country pub on a blustery day, we can’t get enough of that good old traditional Sunday Roast. It’s pretty easy to see why – it’s comfort food at it’s finest, like a warm hug from your nan on a plate. Succulent roast meats, crispy, fluffy roasties, seasonal veggies, lashings of rich gravy, and huge Yorkshire puddings – we like […]
- The Independent Birmingham Festival at Aston Hall 2022 In Picturesby admin on 1st October 2022 at 1:58 pm
Wow! What a weekend! It’s safe to say that the Independent Birmingham Festival at Aston Hall 2022 was a smash hit! We saw thousands of you descend on the iconic heritage site once again for this huge foodie event and it filled us with such joy to see so many of you enjoying yourselves across the weekend, eating and drinking amazing dishes and drinks from some of the city’s finest independents, shopping local at our artisan market and rocking out to the awesome bands on our main stage. Not to mention all the cute doggos who turned up to join in the fun too! On behalf of ourselves and […]
- Plan Your Feasting At This Year’s Independent Birmingham Festivalby admin on 15th September 2022 at 12:54 pm
It’s time to plan your feasting! We’ve created the greatest food/drink line-up we’ve ever seen for any event in Birmingham ever before – and it can be all yours at this year’s Independent Birmingham Festival (24-25 September). With just a week to go until Brum’s ultimate foodie festival returns, we thought it was time for you to plan your feasting, and behold the EPIC dishes and drinks you can stuff your face with and quaff amidst the good company of friends at this iconic location. We seriously cannot decide what we’re going to eat – all we know is that we’re going to eat a […]
- 36 REASONS TO ATTEND THIS YEAR’S INDEPENDENT BIRMINGHAM FESTIVAL AT ASTON HALLby admin on 31st August 2022 at 12:11 pm
The Independent Birmingham Festival is just days away, and we can’t wait to welcome thousands of you back to this iconic heritage site! To get you excited for this year’s unmissable foodie event, we’ve compiled a list of 36 reasons why you NEED to grab your tickets and come along to celebrate all things indie with us on 24-25 September! Read on to find out why a ticket to this year’s IB Festival is essential – you don’t want to miss out (you can grab your tickets here). OUR LAST SEVEN FESTIVALS SAW SOLD OUT CROWDS CELEBRATE BIRMINGHAM’S MARVELLOUS INDEPENDENT CULTURE. THIS TIME, […]
- This Year’s Incredible Food and Drink Line-Up for The Independent Birmingham Festival at Aston Hallby admin on 25th August 2022 at 4:47 pm
There’s so much feasting to be done at this year’s Independent Birmingham Festival at Aston Hall. Here’s just a taste of what to expect at this year’s HUGE foodie festival (which is only 4 weeks away!!!) If you’ve been to any of our events before, you know they ALWAYS sell out. At the time of writing this article, there are only 200 tickets left for the Saturday daytime session (with 3/4 of our total tickets now gone) – so grab yours fast HERE – as you seriously, seriously don’t want to miss this. We’ve created the greatest food/drink line-up for any event of any kind in […]
- Home Office move 150 asylum seekers to Birmingham hotel sparking 'incident response'by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jane Haynes) on 30th November 2022 at 8:27 am
More than 150 asylum seekers who had been detained at the Manston centre have been placed in a Birmingham hotel by the Home Office
- Victim 'chased down street by man with weapon' in Telfordby email@example.com (Jordan Reynolds) on 30th November 2022 at 7:49 am
Police descended on the area to carry out a search
- Why overlooked market town near Birmingham is 'one of UK's best places to live'by firstname.lastname@example.org (Alexander Brock) on 30th November 2022 at 5:30 am
Bromsgrove was described as 'traditional and cosmopolitan market town surrounded by rolling countryside'
- Teen kicked out of Popworld as 'first time in club' ends in cuffs and he hurls vile racist abuseby email@example.com (Carl Jackson) on 30th November 2022 at 5:30 am
Charlie Brannon, 18 and from Solihull, apologised for his abusive tirade to police saying 'it just isn't me'
- Couple engaged at Birmingham N-Dubz gig 'over the moon' and plan to have first dance to hip-hop classicby firstname.lastname@example.org (Nathan Clarke) on 30th November 2022 at 5:30 am
The heart-warming moment happened on stage during the group's sold-out comeback show at the Utilita Arena
Brum Notes Magazine
- MOVIE ROUND-UP:From Fri Nov 25by Mike Davies on 24th November 2022 at 8:36 pm
This column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various streaming … Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP:From Fri Nov 25 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 18by Mike Davies on 18th November 2022 at 5:16 pm
This column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various streaming platforms.… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 18 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 11by Mike Davies on 11th November 2022 at 3:36 pm
This column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various streaming platforms. … Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 11 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 4by Mike Davies on 3rd November 2022 at 4:25 pm
This column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various streaming platforms. … Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Nov 4 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Oct 28by Mike Davies on 27th October 2022 at 11:12 pm
This column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various streaming platforms. … Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Oct 28 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
express and star
- Leading fire officer set to hand up his bootsby James Vukmirovic on 29th November 2022 at 9:42 pm
The leader of West Midlands Fire Service has announced he is to retire at the start of next year.
- Census results: Our melting pot country and a fading influence of religionon 29th November 2022 at 4:58 pm
One in 10 households in England and Wales contain people of two or more ethnicities, according to census data that today reveals an “increasingly multi-cultural society”.
- Sutton Coldfield markets to continue as thousands of festive shoppers turn out for Christmas eventby Matthew Panter on 29th November 2022 at 12:19 pm
Sutton Coldfield town centre’s successful Farmer’s Markets are to continue in the New Year after the last event before Christmas drew thousands of festive shoppers.
- Nine-hour weather warning for fog in place for West Midlands and Shropshireon 29th November 2022 at 7:49 am
A nine-hour yellow weather warning for fog remains in place for the West Midlands this morning.
- Scrapping HS2 would help balance the books, admits Jeremy Hunt in visit to West Midlandsby Peter Madeley on 29th November 2022 at 6:03 am
Jeremy Hunt conceded he could have "balanced the books" by ditching HS2 during a visit to the controversial line's interchange station in the West Midlands.