Birmingham News and Events
Planning your Birmingham trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Birmingham such as events and attractions, to make your Birmingham visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Birmingham, you’ll find everything you need for your Birmingham holiday on Whats On in Birmingham.net. Our What’s On Birmingham guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Birmingham – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Birmingham by checking out our News and Events Calendar page.
See what's On in Birmingham. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in Birmingham Local News
Shelforce has been crowned company of the year for its work in helping disabled people into employment BusinessLive – West Midlands …
The company is attributing its success over the last 12 months to the one-to-one support it offers its learners BusinessLive – West Midlands …
Law firm is relocating to new base across Birmingham city centre BusinessLive – West Midlands …
The British Business Bank has published the findings of its latest business advisory community survey BusinessLive – West Midlands …
Steve will lead Novus towards its ambitious five-year growth target of doubling profits by 2026 BusinessLive – West Midlands …
Peter Davies and Austin Owens have taken the helm of the Manufacturing Assembly Network (MAN) BusinessLive – West Midlands …
Property agency JLL has been hired to find a key partner in regeneration project which is aiming to tap into benefits of new HS2 Interchange station BusinessLive – West Midlands …
1 2 3 … 15 Next »
- WIN! A £50 Gift Card!by Andrew Riley on 28th July 2021 at 1:05 pm
Resorts World are offering one lucky reader to chance to win a £50 gift card! Visit Resorts World and browse collections at their many outlet stores, including fashions from Luke,... The post WIN! A £50 Gift Card! appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- M&S Sears Solihull Is Here For The Whole Family This Summer!by Ffion Hâf Richardson on 27th July 2021 at 4:22 pm
From the must-have treats in their foodhall, to creating that perfect family BBQ, to the latest clothing styles – M&S Sears Solihull has got you covered this summer! — The... The post M&S Sears Solihull Is Here For The Whole Family This Summer! appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- Visit Resorts World This Summerby Ffion Hâf Richardson on 27th July 2021 at 1:42 pm
If you’re planning a day out that includes a great selection of must-have brands and fabulous flavours, why not consider visiting Resorts World Birmingham? Resorts World is located just off... The post Visit Resorts World This Summer appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- Spectacular Art Installation ‘Gratitude’ To Open Tour In Birminghamby Ffion Hâf Richardson on 26th July 2021 at 12:58 pm
Gratitude, a vibrant public art installation that has been put together to pay tribute to both NHS staff and all key workers for their ongoing courage and dedication during the... The post Spectacular Art Installation ‘Gratitude’ To Open Tour In Birmingham appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- Freedom Day skincare savioursby Lisa Piddington on 13th July 2021 at 9:43 am
The post Freedom Day skincare saviours appeared first on Style Birmingham.
- Birmingham’s Ultimate Vegan Foodie Guideby admin on 11th July 2021 at 8:40 pm
There’s no denying it: Veganism is on the rise. As many individuals look to change their lifestyles to improve their own wellbeing and the wellbeing of the planet, eating a vegan diet (or at least reducing your intake of animal products) is something that many people across the country are starting to take an interest in. With the encouragement of “Veganuary” and “Meat-free Monday”, a once carnivorous nation is starting to turn to plant-based options with increasing regularity. And with demand comes supply – leading to a boom of plant-based options and solely veggie and vegan […]
- Birmingham’s Very Best Independent Beer Gardensby admin on 8th June 2021 at 7:02 pm
Is there anything that screams ‘Great British Summer’ like sipping a cold pint in a sunny beer garden? We love a beer garden. It takes the classic British pub and the great outdoors and mashes them together into one glorious, blissful escape from every day life. Beer gardens come in all forms, from a classic grass garden behind a rural pub, to a concrete courtyard in front of a local microbrewery’s taproom, or a city centre rooftop, and we love them all. We think there’s no better way to while away a few lazy hours on a summer day than by enjoying a leisurely lunch or a few cool […]
- Birmingham’s Very Best Independent Cocktail Barsby admin on 6th June 2021 at 4:10 am
We drink way too much. Like waaaay too much. We love cocktails, and we’re spoilt for choice here in Birmingham. Between new bars opening up to the sheer delight of cocktail enthusiasts, and our old favourites celebrating landmark birthdays, the independent cocktail scene in Birmingham is very, very strong. And very, very tasty. With so much choice (not that we’re complaining, variety is, after all, the spice of life), often it is a struggle to know just where to go to enjoy your next tipple. Thankfully we’ve managed to solve your cocktail-quaffing dilemma with a carefully curated list […]
- The Best Independent Pubs, Bars, Micro-Breweries And Taprooms In Birminghamby admin on 27th May 2021 at 11:51 am
‘He was a wise man who invented beer’ – Plato Time and again the pub has been there for us. It’s been there through the laughter, the spilled drinks, the late nights and the great nights, and it’s high time we stood up, raised our glasses, and took a moment to appreciate all that our favourite pubs have done for us. But it’s no longer just the humble pubs who offer us the chance to enjoy a pint. In recent years we have seen the rise of a new breed of beer drinking establishments: the microbreweries. As small-batch, craft beers become ever-more popular, we have seen Birmingham’s […]
- The Ultimate Birmingham Foodie Bible: 50 Dishes You NEED To Eat (Part 2)by admin on 20th May 2021 at 4:59 pm
IT’S ABOUT TO GET ALL KINDS OF MOUTH-WATERING UP IN HERE! Following on from our drool-worthy guide to 50 dishes you NEED to eat in Birmingham (part 1), we’re back for a second instalment! When it comes to incredible food in Birmingham, we really are spoilt for choice – and we love the fact that you can eat your way around the world without ever having to leave dear old Brum. To inspire you to get out there and support as many independents as possible during these difficult times – eating some incredible dishes and rediscovering your city in the process – we’ve compiled yet another […]
- Dramatic footage shows flames leaping into sky in huge city blazeby email@example.com (Katy Hallam) on 28th July 2021 at 11:32 pm
A video captured at the scene of the blaze, on the corner of the High Street and Alcester Street, shows thick black smoke pouring across the city's skyline
- Kym Marsh shares update with fans after battling Covid-19by firstname.lastname@example.org (Katy Hallam) on 28th July 2021 at 10:40 pm
The Morning Live presenter was replaced on the BBC show earlier this month after she and her family came down with Covid-19
- Wayne Rooney issues apology to Coleen over hotel photosby email@example.com (Katy Hallam) on 28th July 2021 at 10:07 pm
Former Manchester United star Wayne, who also played for Everton and England, was pictured in the hotel room over the weekend surrounded by multiple women after a night out in Manchester
- 10 countries that could be added to UK's green list next weekby firstname.lastname@example.org (Katy Hallam) on 28th July 2021 at 9:41 pm
The government moved popular destinations including the Balearic Islands to the amber list when it last reviewed travel restrictions on July 14
- BBC The One Show hit with technical issues as programme freezes on celebrity guestby email@example.com (Katy Hallam) on 28th July 2021 at 8:58 pm
It comes less than a week after the broadcaster was flooded with complaints following the show when pop star Shakira was cut off
Brum Notes Magazine
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Jul 23by Mike Davies on 23rd July 2021 at 9:29 am
With cinemas now open this column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Jul 23 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jul 16by Mike Davies on 16th July 2021 at 12:09 pm
With cinemas now open this column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jul 16 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Jul 9by Mike Davies on 9th July 2021 at 2:33 pm
With cinemas now open this column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP: From Fri Jul 9 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jul 2by Mike Davies on 1st July 2021 at 5:49 pm
With cinemas now open this column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jul 2 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
- MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jun 25by Mike Davies on 24th June 2021 at 4:06 pm
With cinemas now open this column will review films both screening theatrically and/or on various… Read more The post MOVIE ROUND-UP, From Fri Jun 25 appeared first on Brum Notes Magazine.
express and star
- Two further Covid deaths in region's hospitalsby Dayna Farrington on 28th July 2021 at 4:30 pm
A further two coronavirus deaths have been confirmed in the region's hospitals, official figures from NHS England show.
- Talks to create 1,000 jobs as Sutton Coldfield development gets under wayby Matthew Panter on 28th July 2021 at 4:10 pm
A deal in place to create more than 1000 jobs as part of the industrial park at Peddimore.
- Mayors join forces on homelessness pilotby Thomas Parkes on 28th July 2021 at 1:03 pm
The West Midlands Mayor has joined forces with two other regional mayors to call on the Government to extend a pilot scheme for tackling homelessness.
- Countdown begins with one year to go until Commonwealth Gamesby Thomas Parkes on 28th July 2021 at 11:19 am
It's one year today until some of the greatest sporting stars on the planet will arrive in the West Midlands to mark the start of the Commonwealth Games.
- Liver burn surgeon to have case reviewedon 28th July 2021 at 11:17 am
A tribunal must reconsider the case of a surgeon who burned his initials on to the livers of two unconscious patients after the General Medical Council complained that a five-month suspension was "insufficient".